Yummy Popcorn Topping
Yes you read it right, Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Popcorn & it's amazing!!!!
I love air popped popcorn, not least because it's a low calorie snack & I love snacking, but sometimes plain air popped popcorn can be a little boring so I had a play around with some toppings.
As you probably already know I'm a little addicted to dark chocolate & peanut butter so naturally they had to both be involved :)
It's a nice simple recipe which is so cheap it's unreal & allll my flatmates loved it!!!
So, without further a do I give you Heaven In A Bowl
1/2 Cup of Popcorn Kernels
1 tsp of oil (I used coconut oil, but use your own choice)
50g of dark chocolate
2 tbsp Peanut Butter
1.In a LARGE pan put the oil & popcorn kernels & put the lid on
2. Over a medium heat allow the kernels to pop
|May have misjudged the kernel to pan ratio|
3. Keep shaking the pan throughout until the popping decreases then remove from heat
4. In a microwavable safe bowl break up the chocolate & melt in the microwave
(do this in short 30 second blasts mixing in between so you don't burn it)
|My favourite Budget Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate|
5. Once melted add the peanut butter & mix in until smooth
(add more or less PB to taste)
6. Transfer your popcorn into desired bowl
7. Using 2 spoons pour the chocolate & peanut butter sauce over the popcorn and mix well
8. Enjoy a gorgeously decadent snack ;)
So there we go, a guilelessly pleasurable snack to enjoy on those movie nights :)
Remember, It's Your Mind, Your Body, Your Choice!