Tuesday 27 January 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn

Yummy Popcorn Topping  

Yes you read it right, Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Popcorn & it's amazing!!!!

I love air popped popcorn, not least because it's a low calorie snack & I love snacking, but sometimes plain air popped popcorn can be a little boring so I had a play around with some toppings.

As you probably already know I'm a little addicted to dark chocolate & peanut butter so naturally they had to both be involved :)

It's a nice simple recipe which is so cheap it's unreal & allll my flatmates loved it!!!


So, without further a do I give you Heaven In A Bowl

Ingredients

1/2 Cup of Popcorn Kernels
1 tsp of oil (I used coconut oil, but use your own choice)
50g of dark chocolate
2 tbsp Peanut Butter


Recipe

1.In a LARGE pan put the oil & popcorn kernels & put the lid on

2. Over a medium heat allow the kernels to pop

May have misjudged the kernel to pan ratio
3. Keep shaking the pan throughout until the popping decreases then remove from heat

4. In a microwavable safe bowl break up the chocolate & melt in the microwave
(do this in short 30 second blasts mixing in between so you don't burn it)

My favourite Budget Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate
5. Once melted add the peanut butter & mix in until smooth
(add more or less PB to taste)

6. Transfer your popcorn into desired bowl

7. Using 2 spoons pour the chocolate & peanut butter sauce over the popcorn and mix well


8. Enjoy a gorgeously decadent snack ;)


So there we go, a guilelessly pleasurable snack to enjoy on those movie nights :)


Remember, It's Your Mind, Your Body, Your Choice!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I've never made my own popcorn before.. I might have to give this a go! :)

    Laura | http://laurafat2fit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura its so easy just make sure you have a good sized pan :)

      kate

      Delete